Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sure is quiet around here

All ready for the first day!First day of school has begun for my little Super E. He woke up this morning bright & cheery ready to go to school. We were worried last night because he seemed a bit more clingy than usual and had a major break down for what seemed like no reason at all. We thought that maybe all this change and excitement was getting to be too much. But, we were very happy to see him smiley and excited this morning.
I packed his lunch(inspired by the vegan lunchbox) with veggie rolls (tortilla, tofurkey slice, soy cheese, lettuce and dressing), organic strawberries, carrots with ranch dressing, 2 peanutty cookies and a juice box. I've never been a big fan of juice- especially in a box, but he's in school now and will be surrounded with these type of things whether I like it or not. I'll just have to do what I can on our end at home to keep it all balanced. He's very excited about his lunch. I imagine he'll be starving by the time lunch time comes around because he usually eats all day long at home.
In front of the school door- ready to conquer the world!

Me and my baby.

Am I ready for this? Can you see the tears starting to well up in my eyes and the huge lump in my throat? It's really hard to put your child's life in someone else's hands for 6 hours a day -5 days a week. Especially when he's been with us his whole life
(except for day care a couple of days a week for a very short time). And it's so quiet without him around. Usually it's non-stop talking and singing all-day-long! I miss it already. I-guy has taken over as the non-stop eater though. He's been standing in the kitchen or in front of the pantry door all morning long. I guess we are just not used to giving I-guy snacks. Usually Super-E shares his.

Tomorrow I'll report on his first day. I hope he loves his teacher, makes lots of friends and has a blast at school.

No comments: