Friday, June 02, 2006

Notes

Don't ever buy V-smile Pocket Learning System. It was a great gift from my sister for Super-E, while it lasted. It's been broken since March and he got it for Christmas. From what it looks like, it not at the fault of him, but the product is just not made well. It got some horrible reviews on Amazon and here is why: a) It uses up 4 AA batteries in a period of about 3 hours b)the jack to connect to the TV only works if you hold it in a certain way, c) The AC adapter does the same thing and no longer works and d) the cartridges are $20 a pop! Over all it's a waste of money. Now we have a collection of cartridges that are good for nothing!! We're not sure about going through the trouble to get him another because we'll just end up with the same problems. He sure did love it while it lasted though.

Lately Super E has really gotten into cooking shows. We sit and watch them together. He really thinks Rachel Ray is silly and does funny things. The other day she made GORP (trail mix) and he thought that was pretty fan-tas-tic! He's also been wanting to play less on the computer. Hmm.

Another thing he loves is seeing what Shmoo has been eating for lunch every day at the Vegan Lunch Box, which is one of my favorite website. Jennifershmoo (the mom) takes a lot of care to make the most amazing lunches for her little guy every day! She also won the 2006 best blogger award for best food website! If you haven't seen it yet- check it out!! She made some awesome vegan twinkies (twinkies aren't even vegetarian by the way- they may contain beef fat!) She made them using a very cool twinkie kit* and then used the same kit to make vegan corn dog's. Very cool I think!! I promised Super E that we would get him a lunch box like Shmoo's when he starts school in August. He's very excited about that.

*I've looked all over the net for this twinkie kit and can't find it. Bed Bath & beyond used to carry it, but the stores here in Dallas don't have it. If anyone finds this kit, snatch it for us and I'll pay you back :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny because tonight I was watching Rachael Ray $40/a day and thought to myself "I wish I had the $40/a day or the 30 minute meals DVD series" because I could seriously sit down and watch those shows all day long and do nothing else. And I don't even really like to cook.....