Friday, September 16, 2005

Stitches are out!

Went to the doctor yesterday to get my stitches taken out -actually it was more like yanked out. OUCH! The nurse wasn't very nice about it. The doctor had nothing new for me. He always talks to his patients while speaking into a tape recorder (for easy documentation purposes) and stands in the examination room for a total of 30 seconds then starts backing up towards the door (still talking) while trying to make a quick escape. I barely was able to say, "What about the mayo clinic....?" He managed to stick his head back in the door saying, "There's nothing new. Been classified as Maffucci's. See you in 2 months." Gone. What a great guy. And did I mention that I waited an hour before I got to see him for a total of 1 minute!

Anyway, I'll be back to do another MRI and x-rays in two months. Then more MRI's and x-rays every 6-12 months for the rest of my life. Yippy! It's really for my own good. I am currently at the age when these tumors start becoming malignant in people with Maffucci's. I'm just going to try to be positive and continue my healthy habits and hope for the best.

No comments: