Friday, August 26, 2005

New teeth!

Isaak has two new little teeth. They are so cute and little(I'd post a picture of his teeth but they are still too small to see) I was wondering why he was having such a hard time sleeping the last few nights. I didn't even think to check his poor little swollen gums. Then daddy came home on Wednesday from work and pointed out the two new little chompers in his mouth. Daddy was so pleased to have noticed before me. Usually I'm the one that notices every little change. I guess I've just been in too much of a medical whirlwind and too tired to notice(I'll explain later). My poor baby was teething and I didn't even realize it. I feel just awful. It also makes me so sad that my cute little baby can suddenly sit up, roll over and grow teeth in a blink of the eye. I just wish they weren't growing so fast.

For those family members and friends that don't know, I had some small lumps checked out on my ankle and several (10-15) cysts were found in my foot. After further testing, several tumors were found throughout my left leg, from ankle to hip. After even more testing, I have found out that I have a bone disease called Ollier's Disease. They still don't know much about how this is affecting me so I will be having surgery next Wednesday to have the cysts in my ankleand foot removed and biopsied. If the biopsy is all clear, I will only have to get yearly check ups to make sure that this disease does not metastasized into a malignant state.

Thank goodness for my mom, dad and sister who have flown over here to be with me and help watch the kids during my numerous tests and now the upcoming surgery. I have also been fortunate enough to have my good friend M, from back home, help me out (she just happened to move here in the nick of time) And thanks also to all of my wonderful family and friend who has been thinking and praying for me. I really appreciate it! I will blog an update post surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts today and every day. I love you ever so muchly and am thankful every day that you are my sister.

Anonymous said...

Hello Regina,
I'm so glad you have your family there to help you...your family here is sending good thoughts your way and big, BIG E-HUGS. Please let us know how your surgery went..make sure those nurses treat you right! Take good care of yourself, rest and let everyone take care of YOU! Love, Miya, Mike, Adam and Ian.