Saturday, August 20, 2005

Brotherly love

I have to say that I have been very lucky with how Ethan has welcomed Isaak into his life and home. Each day they grow more and more in love with each other and sometimes I am quite amazed. Ethan had a pretty good life before the arrival of Isaak. He was king of the castle and had 100% of our attention and affection. Now he has become quite the big brother and has adapted very well to sharing his mommy & daddy. That's not to say that Ethan doesn't have his moments. His explosive energy is sometimes very frightening to Isaak and his kisses and hugs can become a little overdone to the point of near smotherings. Now that Isaak is actively responding to Ethan they are constantly interacting with each other. Ethan will act crazy and to his utmost delight, Isaak will laugh and smile back. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see them playing and laughing at each other. I hope that they will grow up to be the best of friends, the way that my sisters have become my best friends.

No comments: